Saturday, March 16, 2013

Love Sisters - Chapter 1 ... The Beginning of a New Life


Imagine .... you are thirteen years old and your whole world comes crashing around you.   Your parents go off for a second honeymoon and the plane crashes...  there are no survivors.  Not only are your parents killed, but the baby your mom was carrying.  Sure the pregnancy wasn't planned but... I was looking forward to being a big sister.

I mean, I'm already a big sister, but only by two minutes.   My twin sister Rose and I were left without any parents.  The friends that were watching us had let us go into the custody of the state, and the state wouldn't let us live with our grandmother cuz she only had a one room cottage in a little hick town called Three Rivers.       I mean, she didn't even have a bathroom or working shower, she went next door to the park's public bathroom for that, I guess.

When we turned 18 and got kicked out of the state home we were in to just suddenly survive by our own devices... nice right?  ...  We found out our Grandma had died and left us that little cottage on a huge piece of land.  So we went.

I'm Lily by the way.  Lily Love, 18 years old...  and I am scared out of my mind.  But I have to be strong.
 This is my sister Rose Love.  She is a little fragile and I feel the need to protect her.  When we were born she almost died.  She had to have so many surgeries.  Today she's better ... but....  it's scary when you have to think that losing your sister is a reality.  Then our parents and our unborn sibling died... and that heartache became a reality times three.

This is the little cottage that our Grandmother left us.  She was our Dad's mom and ... well, I guess it's better than nothing, right?
A double bed, a fridge some counter tops, a sink, stove, a couple windows and a door...  plus a table with a few chairs and a Jurassic computer....
 Rose and I had always been into learning everything we could, so with the little bit of money we had, we bought a bookshelf and some kicknacks and some books.
 We both got comfortable and just started reading stuff.
 But then there was a ring at our door bell and when I answered it this strange looking Llama thing was at the door.  Yeah, I'm so stupid, I thought it was a real animal, it took me a minute to realize it was a PERSON dressed up as a LLAMA!  Sheesh....
 So I was talking to him and he was telling me about college and how we could go.  If we could qualify for scholarships, it wouldn't even cost us much.   I was so excited and when I told Rose about it, she was excited too.  We're both super smart!
 So we went to the local library and we dove into the books ... anything we could find to learn...
 And we read.....

And we read some more.
 We stayed there several days straight - taking breaks when we needed to - to go eat at the cheap joint across the street, or run to the gym to shower and change if we needed.   On one of those breaks, Rose met this horse.  She's such a beauty isn't she?
 On one of my breaks, I saw this BLACK DEER ...  have you ever seen anything like it???  I thought she was amazing!
 But Rose really liked this horse, and the horse really liked her....
 So she talked to me about adopting it, and I told her it was okay.  I went to the local horse stable and asked how much it would cost to stable the horse while we went to college.  After telling him a bit about Rose and I, he nodded.  I guess he knew my Grandmother and he told us not to worry about it, he would do it for free.  I guess our Grandmother loved horses too and they were good friends, she had talked about us a lot.
So Rose learned some riding on our horse we named Frost.

 After we learned a bunch of stuff, we took our aptitude tests.....
Rose scored perfect in Fine Arts, and got a partial scholarship - so she decided to go for that degree.
 I, however, scored perfect in both Science and Business ... and earned a FULL scholarship!!  I was super excited about my scores!  I did pretty good in all the categories!  But I ended up going with Business thinking maybe I'd open up my own business when we finished up and got home.   
So that is it.....   off to college we go!!  We'll see you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Love the black deer too, way cool! Rose's hair is super cute!