Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Magick Family: Take 2...or 4? How about 8 and 3 Grandbabies!

 Victoria helped Olivia with the twins.  She loves her nephews.  I teased her, a little, while Olivia was pregnant that she was jealous.  She's always been such a great help with the babies, with her younger siblings and her nephews now, I know that she'll be a great mom when the time comes.   We ended up building a BIG nursery between the buildings of the house so that the babies were on the main level and in one place, not spread out all over like they were.   Olivia, by the way, is a terrific Mother.  Ian and Bentley are such great babies, still can't believe I'm a GRANDMOTHER.... 
Veronica, Gabby and poor lil ghostly Hannah spent their first year hand in hand with their nephews... and Tobias never left, ever.  He was always around and we stole many moments together.   Thomaz, Tobias' brother came to live with us, and he even asked me to marry him... me accepting... but we were never intimate... we never so much as kissed!  I would have these amazing dreams where I was with Tobias, and next thing I knew, I was pregnant.... again.... 
The nursery was huge!  Lots of room, five cribs, soon to be....  more...
See, Victoria didn't come home with a stomach virus like we ... hoped, but rather the 9 month flu.  Yep, I was going to be a Grandma again, and Tobias was a wisp of a Grandfather....
I tried to tell Tobias to move on but he just didn't... couldn't... he didn't want to leave his family, and frankly, I didn't really want him to leave, but if I was ever going to move on, I needed him to.  I begged him one night, and he said he wouldn't.  He just stayed with the babies, taking care of them, loving them, letting them know he was there.
Soon enough the triplets and Olivia's twin boys turned the big ONE with a huge joint birthday party!  Course, their Tobias' and Thomaz' family all came.  It's always nice to catch up with them!  Some friends game too.
And indeed, I was pregnant again.  It seems like all I am is a baby making machine!  I don't mind though, I love my kids, and as long as I have the money to support them, I'm fine.
Ian and Bentley turned into handsome little boys....
Hannah, Gabby and Veronica did also... well, beautiful little girls.!
Victoria was getting big as a house like I was...
I got to the point where I just couldn't stand clothes on my body, I don't know why, I just couldn't.  So when I went into labor, I was just hanging out by myself in my bra and underwear, how embarrassing!!
But I welcomed a ghostly little boy into our family, Hayden. 
We all worked together taking care of our extensive garden!  We had our own tree orchard in addition to our amazing garden.
Victoria came home from the theater one day, she was doing an extra part in some crazy production and she said she thought she was in labor.  All of a sudden, she started to grab her belly and scream in pain.  I was like, "Oh yeah, you are most definitely in labor Tori," and then I helped her labor and ...
She gave birth to a beautiful little girl, and named her Tessa.
The nursery now housed seven cribs.  Tessa's and Hayden's crib sat on the wall opposite the triplets cribs.
We all worked hard at teaching all the babies what they needed to know.  Walking, talking, potty training...  they loved to play on the xylophones and peg boxes...
Uncle Thomaz even got into the action, but I just couldn't get Tobias out of my head, or my heart.  How can you move on from  your true love?  I heard one day that you could bring someone back from the dead if you made ambrosia.  I had never even heard of it before.  So I found a copy, dusty and old, at the book store and I read it.  Then I went and got the ingredients, and let me tell you, getting a death fish isn't easy!! 

And then I made it....
And when I was done, I put it out on the counter, and could only HOPE he picked it up....  and blew out a sigh of relief when he did....
He sat down at the table and began to eat it...
And then something strange happened....  he stood up and started to sparkle..... 
And then.......
HE WAS BACK!!  And dancing with Joy!! 
And he started to laugh!
First thing he did was sneak up and scare his brother....
And then he came and found me.... 
and kissed the HELL out of me...
The girls finished their teenage years with high honors in school (pretty amazing for teenage mothers!  But considering I did it also!  Guess they are just a chip off the old block!) .... 
And my boys turned into teenagers .... 

No comments: